See tabs below for all essential information about joining or renewing membership.
Becoming a Member
All TWAPS Members automatically have the right to fish the Rother Fishery Association‘s waters.
Our Membership is full and we are currently not accepting new Members. Applications for Membership will be placed on a waiting list.
Please read the following before requesting a membership form:
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse Membership without giving a reason.
- The Membership runs for a maximum of one year and expires on 31st March annually.
- Only applications by post will be accepted.
- Please do NOT use recorded delivery or ‘signed for’ envelopes, as your renewal may not be received and could result in a delay.
- Your membership request can take up to a week to process before being posted back to you.
- Places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- The application form MUST be accompanied by:
- One recent passport quality and passport sized photo.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (minimum size 220 mm x 110 mm, 22 cm x 11 cm, 8.7 inches x 4.2 inches).
- The correct fee (details on form).
Applying for Membership
To apply to becoming a member, request an application form from the Membership Secretary using the Contact Form. An application form will be sent to you, with instructions on how to apply.
- All Junior and Intermediate Members must be accompanied by an Adult Member (i.e. any Member aged 18 or over) at all times. Shorne Country Park excepted. Junior Members may only fish using one rod and line. Intermediate Members may fish with up to two rods and line at any one time, subject to each water’s bye-laws.
- The administration fee is non-refundable. All membership subscriptions are non-refundable subject to the Committee’s discretion.
Members! Please Note:
Unless requested no photos are required for renewals.
Unless otherwise informed, TWAPS Membership expires on 31st March annually and should be renewed by then.
The Committee reserves the right to refuse Renewals without giving a reason.
Renewal reminders are not normally sent to Members.
Note: Unless otherwise informed, only renewals by post are accepted.
Once you have completed your renewal section of your Membership Card, post it to the Membership Secretary (name and address below and on your membership card). See below for a guide to completing the renewal section of your membership card.
Don’t forget to include your remittance (cheques and postal orders made payable to ‘T.W.A.P.S.’) and a stamped, a self-addressed stamped envelope (minimum size 220 mm x 110 mm, 22 cm x 11 cm, 8.7 inches x 4.2 inches).
Alternatively you can pay by BACS (see ‘Paying by BACS‘ tab).
Mr. J. Buxton
62 Willow Farm Way
Kent CT6 7QH
Should you choose to use recorded delivery or signed for mail, this could delay your application significantly as the Membership Secretary works full time and is often unavailable to sign for mail.
As a consequence it has to be collected from the local sorting office as and when the Membership Secretary is available to do so.
- If there is more than one renewal for the same address, please supply just one stamped self addressed envelope.
- If we don’t have an email address, or it has changed, can you please supply an email address (if you don’t have one a family member’s email address will suffice) with your membership renewal.
- If you have paid by BACS can you please indicate that you have done so on the return part of your membership card.
- Please send your membership renewal to Jeff Buxton directly, if you send it somewhere else, your renewal could be delayed.
- Please do not send your identity card with your membership renewal. We do not need it.
The Society no longer issues guest fishing permits.
However, a temporary membership can be purchased, whereby a prospective member can fish any Society water for up to 24 hours at a time, up to 4 times per season.
Those fishing as a temporary membership must be accompanied by a current full member, and a full member can be accompanied by only one temporary member at a time. The temporary member must either share the same swim as the current full member (if a double swim) or fish from the nearest vacant available swim from the full member.
Each temporary membership period costs £10 for adults, £5 for Juniors/Intermediates/Senior Citizens/Registered Disabled,
To apply for temporary membership please call Phil Townsend on 07879 854030. If Phil is unavailable please use the Contact page instead and some one will get back to you.
Please note: please allow for a minimum of 24 hours notice when applying for temporary membership.
2024 / 2025
New members joining fee £15 per membership plus annual subscription (see fees below).
Note: There is no extra fee for the right to fish at any Rother Fishery Association water. This is included in the membership fees.
|Adult (18 years old +)||£90|
|Adult (16 or 17 years)||£38|
|Junior (from 5 to 11 years old)*||£0|
|Intermediate (12 to 15 years incl.)||£38|
|Senior Citizens (65 years old+) & Registered Disabled||£70|
|Non Fishing Member||£10|
All prices above apply to on-going membership renewals.
* 4 years old and under can apply for a free non-fishing member permit.
Paying by BACS
We accept BACS payments as well as payments by either Postal Order or by Cheque, made payable to ‘THAMESIDE WORKS ANGLING & PRESERVATION SOCIETY (T.W.A.P.S.)’.
You can pay for either your new membership or membership renewal by BACS payment.
However, if paying by BACS please read the following instructions carefully:
- Please include your membership number as your BACS payment reference.
- You will still need to send in the completed renewal section of your membership card together with the specified stamped addressed envelope, to the Membership Secretary.
- Also, write on your membership renewal slip, that you have paid by BACS and the date you paid it.
The TWAPS account details are as follows:
Account name: Thameside Works Angling and Preservation Society
Account number: 10888540
Sort code: 20-25-42