Should this swim be perminantly closed?
26th May 2023
Following the vote to either permanently close swim 18 at the Inn on the Lake, or keep it open, held in early May 2023, the votes have been collated and processed.
The results are as follows:
Total number of votes cast: 60
Number of votes in favour of perminantly closing the swim: 24 (40%)
Number of votes in favour of keeping the swim open (with some restrictions): 36 (60%)
Therefore the swim will be reopened when the planned maintenance work is complete, anticipated sometime during autumn 2023.
At the Hotel’s insistence, and for the convenience and comfort of guests, some further fishing restrictions for this swim will need to be implemented.
Details of when the swim will be reopened and further fishing restrictions will be announced in due course.
15th May 2023
Voting has now closed
The results and further action will be posted here shortly.
Thank you to all those who voted.
27th April 2023
As you may be aware, this swim is currently closed.
Some Members have suggested that this swim remain closed permanently as the hotel have had issues with Members fishing in an out of bounds area (i.e. trying to fish by the jetty).
The Committee have discussed this issue and have decided to put this issue the membership. Therefore a poll was been created to ask Members if they think the swim should be permanently closed or remain open.
If the majority of the Members who vote for the swim to remain open it is highly likely that further restrictions will be added to this swim to prevent Members fishing in an out of bounds area and causing a potential nuisance to the hotel and it’s guests.